- Nan Sato is the U.S. Counsel and Chief Representative of Shimin Law Offices in New York and Philadelphia. She concentrates her practice in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring and restructuring, corporate finance, venture capital and private equity, and Asia-related inbound and outbound investment.
- As a U.S. attorney with Chinese legal knowledge, Nan is uniquely situated to examine issues from the viewpoint of U.S. companies and provide them with practical solutions for their operations in China. Nan negotiates and documents the establishment of joint ventures, investment funds, wholly foreign owned enterprises, and distribution and franchise relationships.
- Nan’s clients are from a variety of industries, including manufacturing, finance, trading, biotech, chemical, technology, fashion, and education. She frequently represents U.S. and European companies operating in China and Chinese firms looking to invest abroad.
- Before joining Shimin Law Offices, Nan worked in the litigation department at Dilworth Paxson LLP and the corporate practice group at Stevens & Lee P.C. on capital market and M&A transactions involving international companies. She was also a law clerk to the Honorable Anne Lazarus of the Pennsylvania Superior Court.
- Nan is admitted to practice in New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. She holds a J.D. cum laude from the University of Illinois College of Law and a B.A. summa cum laude from Temple University.
- Nan is fluent in Mandarin, Japanese, and Spanish.
- New Regulation on Additional Restrictive Conditions in Merger Transactions, International M&A and Joint Ventures Committee Newsletter, American Bar Association Section of International Law, June 28, 2013.
- Red Dragon Gone Green: China's Approach to Renewable Energy Technologies, Its Legal Implications, and Its Impact on US Energy Policy, University of Illinois Journal of Law - Technology and Policy, Vol. 2011, No. 2.
SHIMIN UpdatesChina Soong Ching Ling Foundation Held a Meeting with Philadelphia Orchestra
SHIMIN ResearchesSoref & Co., Law offices:Hiring Workers in Israel and their Dismissal
Firm NewsChina Soong Ching Ling Foundation Held a Meeting with Philadelphia Orchestra